Sunday, August 15, 2010

our moving to Texas experience













We had around 37 boxes that were picked up by North Star. I thought it was kinda funny that they rented a truck to pick up our stuff. Adam had his car shipped over, so we put a bunch of fragile boxes in it. The movers came Sunday and we left Monday. It took us around 20 hours to get there. We drove 12 hours the first day, and a little over 8 hours the second day. We stayed in nice Hilton hotels (nice perks come with Adam's job). There isn't too much to see on the 40, but we managed to run into a few fun things. For example, the historic route 66 town, and a huge gas station full of old restored cars like a 57 chevy. Adam has those pics on his phone, so ill add them later.

Not really sure why I was standing like that. I never did like ballet. lol. Do you like our driving outfits? We don't care if we match or what we look like on car trips.  Adam wears that shirt every time we take long car rides. Its his designated driving shirt. I think he seriously will be devastated when he has to replace it.



Allen was the name of the guy who drove our car in that huge truck over here. He was so nice and helpful; it makes sense that he is from Dallas. He dropped our car off on Thursday, which was the day after we settled in our new apartment. I was very pleased that nothing was broken. We are still waiting for our movers. Right now we are sleeping on an air mattress, so I hope they come sooner than later. At least we found a nice washer and dryer from Sears. They delivered it on Saturday, up our three flights of stairs. We finally found some furniture we like, after endless searching. I didn't realize how hard it would be to find furniture. We went to so many places, and were getting pretty discouraged. Oh, by the way I think furniture salesmen are worse than car salesmen. I hated being stalked every time we walked into a store. "Let me just try out the furniture and come to you if I have questions. I don't want to know all the info about each couch I sit on." I am just glad our searching is over. They are delivering it tomorrow :) I can't wait! Its a leather couch, loveseat, and recliner that comes with a coffee table, end table, lamp, tv stand, and a 50 inch samsung plasma. Pretty sweet. We bought some really nice bar stools from JC Penny. I like them b/c not only do they really go with the apartment but they are comfortable too. Adam showed me one of the areas of his mission which was fun. Lets see what else have we been up to. We found a yummy thai place. Thank goodness! We have eaten out most meals. I tried Panera bread for the first time, and enjoyed it (I know they have it in CA and its popular on the East coast, but I have just never bothered to try it till now). I really like their frozen strawberry lemonade. Not sure why they serve it with such a large straw.


In Texas they have Smoothie King. Adam had me try it. I thought it was pretty good. He went their a lot on his Mish. Oh, and Texas has the Outback special. Definitely already hit that up. We have been enjoying watching movies on the projector every night. We can move that to the bedroom once our plasma shows up. Oh, and I just barely tried their Blue Bell ice cream!! OH MY GOSH!!!! Delicious doesn't even cover it. Yum. That half gallon isn't going to last long in our freezer. I guess that is pretty much it for now. I will take pics of our lovely new place after everything arrives. We love our apartment and everything about Texas so far!


Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.2

1 comment:

Celine said...

Glad you guys made it there safely! Can't believe you had never tried Panera before! :) Good luck with getting settled in your new place, can't wait to see more pictures!

Pick out some good music to listen to while you browse our blog (over 100 different song choices)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers