Saturday, April 30, 2011

Saturday is my favorite day of the week

The number one reason Saturday is my favorite day of the week is the fact I get to spend time with my husband. It is one of the only days out of the week that he is actually home with me, so naturally I love Saturdays. Plus, I only work half day on Saturdays: we get to enjoy most of the day together.



I have been bad at taking pictures lately but today we went out to breakfast at Oldwest Cafe, and I managed to take a couple. Okay, wow, they have the biggest breakfast menu! It took us a little while to decide what to get, because they have so many good options.



The food was absolutely fantastic, and the service was great. All meals are both hearty and filling here. We had ourselves a monster of a breakfast with the large sized portions. I ordered the Cheyenne (A cinnamon roll dipped in our french toast batter, grilled golden brown, and drizzled with icing and powdered sugar. Served with 2 eggs, 2 bacon or sausage or grilled ham, and your choice of one side).  and Hearty Panhandler (An opened faced biscuit covered with fried potatoes and cream gravy. Then topped with 3 scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, and ham, and cheddar cheese) for us to split.  Places like this make me more of a food snob. I don't think I will ever be able to eat at IHOP or Denny's ever again! Oldwest Cafe is as good as it gets!

One cute touch is they make their tabletops look like a checkerboards, and they have game pieces in the basket on the side of the table ( took this pic off google ).

After we stuffed ourselves, we headed over to the Grapevine Outlet Mall. It was a really neat indoor mall. They had legoland, an aquarium, and an ice rink attached. They also had a dine in Movie Theater (love these!), and Rainforest Cafe. We got Adam some new Nike LunarGlide Running Shoes. I got my new shox a few weeks ago. It took us forever to walk around the whole mall, and we didn't even go in that many stores. I got myself the second book in Stieg Larsson's series: The Girl Who Played With Fire. I am pretty excited to start reading it. They have every store you could possibly need at that mall, including a Saks. I am glad we now know about it.

Why aren't there any good movies out?!?!? I guess we have already seen all the good ones. I kinda wanted to try out their movie theater, but we didn't want to see any of the movies. We went over to Rachel's house (Adam's sister) instead. We had fun visiting. Then we were going to go over to Brians (Adam's boss) house and watch the UFC fight, but Adam got a horrible headache. Plus, we just really aren't into it. We started watching Lost instead. A very good choice I think. I made some Mango and Sticky Rice to finish off the night. I am so happy its that season right now. We went out to eat Wednesday night at a nice Thai restaurant and ordered it for the first time this year. At least I have one thing to look forward to all summer :)

5 comments:

Memory said...

You guys are such fun people! That restaurant sounds so yummy! How were the prices? Jeff and I may need to go there one morning. :) I love breakfast food! I remember the days where we would spend our free time at the movies or at the mall. So fun!

Susan Simpson said...

Wow Holly that looks like a great place for breakfast! Yummy! I am happy that you had a great Saturday with Adam! Hope his headache went away! Post some pictures of Charlie soon! Love and miss you guys1

xohappyhealthyfoodie said...

Memory the prices were reasonable. Adam and I both got drinks with our meals (hot chocolate and chocolate milk) and we both ate for $20 bucks.

Mom I will have to post some pictures of Charlie, since its been a while. Love ya too! Btw Adams headache went away that night.

Taylor Family said...

I don't remember if you posted a recipe on this blog about your sticky rice and mango, but you should definitely post it on your food blog!

xohappyhealthyfoodie said...

Heather, I was just getting ready to post that recipe along with a coupld others! Thanks for the reminder though :)

Pick out some good music to listen to while you browse our blog (over 100 different song choices)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers