Wednesday, June 1, 2011

San Antonio

On the way to San Antonio we stopped at the outlets in San Marcos, and it was a fabulous idea because I walked away with a new Coach bag. My hubby is the best! :)

It was REALLY hot that day so we got some

and it melted before we could get to the car. BOO! I got a few good licks and bites before it melted completely.

When we got to our hotel we cranked the AC and left to go exploring. We walked by the Alamo but didn't go in because it had already closed for the day.
We made our way down to the River Walk. It was not too far from our hotel. People say its best to stay on the riverwalk, but we didn't mind walking across the street to get there. Our hotel was right by the Alamo.


They do boat tours. We waited to do it the next day. The River Walk was really pretty, and bigger than I was expecting.

They really did a good job shading the River Walk with all the trees. It's a really pretty area. We basically rushed through the main part of the River Walk just to see it before dinner. We wanted to save hanging out there for the next day.



Adam took me out to a really nice dinner. I can't remember the name right now, but it was exactly like Rodizios where they come around and serve you a bunch of meat. I don't know how people pace themselves for all that. I had to keep turning my thingy over to Red. At first, I didn't want to say no to anything so I left it on green. I wanted to try everything, but then my plate was full within minutes. These places are fun once in a while. Everything was great, but you get sick of meat real quick.

I called it quits after 15 min. Idk why but eating all that meat made us both sweat. Gross, I know.

Then we just came back and relaxed in the hotel. I got a pedi before we left, and think the color turned out pretty good. I had the lady mix two colors together.

We watched LOST on Adams projector, and snuggled in our King size bed. Its so nice to just relax sometimes.



We started our day with going to the Alamo. It is SOOO tiny. A lot smaller than you would expect. It was still fun though.
It was interesting to look over the timeline, and to hear this man speak about the history of the Alamo. Its interesting to think about how immigration is backwards now. It use to be the other way around. The spanish were letting us migrate over, but because we weren't obeying their laws (not paying taxes, doing whatever we pleased) their spanish leader wanted to kick us out. This is why everything started at the Alamo.


We made our way over to the three story mall. It was really nice. The River Walk ran through it.

These ice cream bars reminded me of those Balboa Bars, so I had to get one. It was pretty tasty!
We ate some pizza and then decided to go watch a movie at their IMAX theater.


This movie forever changed how I view mermaids. I know vampires are the big thing right now, but did they really have to cater to that crowd? I think they could have done without the fangs. Overall, I thought the movie was good. I wasn't expecting it to be that good, since I was really disappointed with their last movie. Maybe not having high expectations made it easier to enjoy. IDK but I think Johnny Depp played his character well. Jack Sparrow usually gets me to laugh a time or two.





We spent the rest of the day enjoying the River Walk.



Got myself a pina colada at the Mexican place we ate at. It looks like it wasn't virgin, but it was :) I just look drunk at times I guess.


Taco salad and sour cream chicken enchiladas


We went on the boat tour.







Then we went over to Ripley's Believe it or Not Wax Museum, and got a mold of our hands.



Then we got a snack and headed back to our hotel and watch Wedding Crashers. We both had already seen it, but its still funny the second time around.



We ate dinner outside, on the River Walk, at an Italian place. The chicken Parmesean was pretty good. Adam got the catch of the day, and it was pretty tasty too.






There was a night club right across from us, so we got to listen to some fun music while we ate. We went back to our hotel and relaxed some more. It was a nice getaway weekend. There isn't too much to do on the River Walk, so the weekend was plenty of time to see it all. You really only need one day. If it wasn't Memorial Day weekend, we would have used our passes to go to the Six Flags out there.


This place was featured on Man vs. Food, so naturally I wanted to stop here. We got one of th 3lb cinnamon rolls on our way back home. YUM!




Adam drove the whole way there and back. He listened to his Aragon tapes which put me to sleep. ha.

We had fun, and hope to visit again when my brother gets a chance to fly out here and visit his Mission areas. He kept telling me all the place he served in. I was talking on the phone with him, and he would say, "Have you passed by this yet?" He definitely misses it, I can tell.




6 comments:

Susan Simpson said...

Just saw all your cute pictures of San Antonio! What a fun get away! Loved the gigantic cinnamon roll! Yummy.....Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Erica said...

Looks like a fun relaxing weekend for you two love birds. That all you can eat meat place, was it called Texas de Brazil by any chance? Josh and I eat there probably twice a year (there is also one in downtown Fort Worth).

Kara Shaffer said...

That looks really fun. Especially the food pictures!!! (Can you tell I am hungry right now?) I'm glad you got the 3 lb. cinnamon roll. And a coach bag! I'm glad you guys had a good time.

SeQuoia Towner said...

San Antonio! Just looking at your pictures, the boat ride, the river walk, the alamo... it brought memories back from my childhood. I have never been to San Antonio but the movie "Cloak and Dagger" was one of my all time favorite movies growing up as a kid. It was all filmed there. I need to rent that movie from the library and watch it again. It has been far too long.

Celine said...

Looks like a fun trip! 3 lb. cinnamon roll? really?? :) Awesome.

xohappyhealthyfoodie said...

Erica, we did eat at Texas de Brazil. SeQuoia, I am glad my post could bring back some good memories from your childhood. Never heard of that movie. I will have to look into that. Celine, the cinnamon roll was 3lbs and really good. It was too huge for the two of us to finish though.

Pick out some good music to listen to while you browse our blog (over 100 different song choices)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers