Friday, August 10, 2012

Some photos from our CA trip

I say "our" CA trip, when in all reality, it was really only a vacation for moi (pronounced mua). Adam had a retreat for work in San Clemente, while I played at beaches and visited with family and friends for 11 days. It was SUCH a great vacay, minus the fever blister i got. BOO! It probably didn't help being outside 24-7 for 4 days straight. I guess I was (and still am) extra sensitive to the sun since I spend the majority of my life indoors now? IDK but I hope that I never get one of those nasty things again. YUCK.

Some people keep a journal to document their lives. I just take pictures of everything. I am not even good at taking pictures, but to me, a picture can help me relive those moments better than any words I could ever put together.

Needless to say, I was totally bummed when I realized my camera battery was dead when I landed in San Diego on July, 25th. It was my mom's birthday. I am so glad I was able to share it with her and the family. We went to Kono's for lunch, hung out at the beach, visited Seaport Village, went to my mom's favorite mexican restaurant for dinner, and got yummy desserts from Extraordinary Desserts. It was a great day. Here is the only pictures I have from that day:


Happy Birthday Mom!


They seriously have the best desserts ever. Each slice is like $12-15 dollars. You wouldn't even know we were in a recession, if you walked in there. It is always packed with people getting extremely pricey slices of cake and what not. Its just THAT good, and worth every penny.

July 26th: We had a nice lunch at BJ's with all the original Highbury folk. I was especially excited to hang out with my life long friend Erika :) We celebrated 3 birthdays, my grandma's, my mom's, and Alyssa's. 


Karen was trying to hide from the camera. Gotcha :)






After lunch, I was able to meet up with one of my old friends. It was SO good to see Meagan. It had been like 2 years, since we had last seen each other. Her sister got married that weekend. What are the odds we would visit CA at the same time? I am glad her sister chose to get married that weekend.


July 27th: I got my fix of CALIFORNIA MEXICAN food. I miss California burritos, and carne asada fries. 



Then we left to pick my sister and her husband up form the airport. We had a bonfire that night at Huntington beach (our favorite place to have a bonfire). I also miss the beach, and having bonfires.


s'mores with reeses = yummy


gotta roast starburst too :)


July 28th: We got into the O.C. Fair for $2. I am glad we did, because it doesn't compare to the Del Mar fair. Its still fun, but we only lasted a few hours.













We got bored with the fair, so we left to go the Huntington Beach. It was crowded because of the U.S. Open, but we were able to find a good spot to relax.














For dinner, we ordered a family meal from Pat and Oscar's. I also miss that place. 





Judy brought by a yummy white chocolate raspberry cheesecake for dessert. Her cheesecake seriously belongs at Extraordinary Desserts.

Instead of making this a super duper long post, like my N.Y. one, I will post the rest of the pictures later. I could go for some Pat and Oscar's breadsticks and another slice of that cheesecake right now.

1 comment:

Austin and Jennifer said...

Seriously!! Where did you find an open Pat and Oscars???? I always want it when we go home but all the ones I know of are closed!! We are heading to San Diego this weekend (for a week) and you HAVE to tell me!! (you should message me on Facebook though I might not see it here ;) Glad you had such a good trip!!

Pick out some good music to listen to while you browse our blog (over 100 different song choices)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers