Saturday, September 5, 2009

23








These are my pretty new sunglasses that my hubby got me for my birthday. He surprised me and got them while I was in class. We both only have one morning class on Friday's which is nice. Adam's is a 9:00 and mine is at 10:00. Because the parking situation is Ridiculous at BYU in the mornings, I drop Adam off and spend the next 35 min trying to find a parking spot. Hence, Riiiidicuulooous! Lately I have been parking next to the stadium and hiking. Its a Long way but at least there are no hills! Sept 4th turned out to be the last day you could return books for a full refund. We both had some classes we dropped so we had to jump in the book return line after my class. After we returned our books, we walked out to the car (well literally hiked a few miles) and these beautiful Smith Cameo sunglasses were sitting in the passenger seat with a VERY thoughtful and romantic card. :)




I forgot to mention that we bought starving student cards on our way out of the Wilk. This is a first for both of us. My cousin Joseph was selling them this year, and that in itself, was the only reason we bought two starving student cards. We used them twice yesterday. Jason's Deli was the first place that they came in handy.  My mom is excited to get some free fresh water pearls. I don't know if I could wear them. ha. They are priced at $100 so I guess they would make a nice gift. Do people wear pearls at our age? We checked craigslist to see if any guys who had bought starving student cards were trying to sell their pearls, and sure enough there were two necklaces listed. I thought it was funny.


Adam, Brooke, and I waiting for our yummy sandwiches. Adam and I both really like their California club. He always gets it with chips and a dill pickle. I like to get the fruit b/c it comes with this yummy dip. We all enjoyed their soft serve afterwards.




We had to stop by the Stonehenge in Orem and take a picture b/c it's just so silly. They should have made the stones a little bit bigger.








Some gifts I opened at grandma's when we got home from lunch. Lots of cards, some money from the in-laws, my burrito(explained in the next photo), and Bath and Body Works goodness. I got some presents before my birthday too ( a blue dress, skirt, shoes :), necklace, and some Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner, yup I was SPOILED)



This is my burrito. My dad is so funny. He bought this in CA and brought it up to me. I can't wait to break it open and get the candy.


This is the second place that our starving student cards came in handy. We went to Magleby's for my birthday din din.


Our yummy dinners. Adam got the filet mignon. I had the blackened salmon.





Our cute waitress who has worked at both locations for 7 years. She knew all my cousins who use to work there.

I was brought out this yummy treat for my b-day.




Then we came home and celebrated with Marie Calendars Lemon meringue pie. I am not a cake person. We actually haven't eaten it yet b/c we were stuffed after eating out. My family just sang to me and had me blow out the candles. We will probably eat some tonight after the BYU game. 



I had a great birthday this year. I was happy to spend it with my family. I still can't believe I am 23...AND the celebration is not over. Adam and I are going to celebrate my birthday sometime next week, after my family is gone, with our new tradition we started last year for my birthday. Getting a spa package that includes massages. I can't wait (:

3 comments:

Kristin said...

looks like you had a fabulous birthday and have such a thoughtful husband.

why in the world is there a stonehenge replica in orem, utah??? hahahaha

Austin and Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Holly! I love the new tradition that you started of Spa packages.. I think we should add that one to our list!

Celine said...

Happy birthday Holly! Looks like you had a great birthday and lots of good presents ;)

Pick out some good music to listen to while you browse our blog (over 100 different song choices)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers