Monday, September 28, 2009

Great places to eat and such (read the second update-its funny, yet strange, I put it in bold)


Our first favorite is OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE


The picture of the bathroom door is for Adam's mother. Her name is Sheila, so we took this picture to let her know we were reminded of her, during our recent visit (we sat right next to the restroom). The sign, not the restroom reminded us of her. ha.  Every time we go to Outback, we order the Outback special (even if our parents are buying b/c its our favorite). It's only 9.95 and comes with two sides. We both love the sweet potato. I mean just look at that goodness (To me, yams tastes so much better than sweet potato's idk why they call it a sweet potato at Outback). It tastes like candy, and melts in your mouth. My mouth is watering right now just thinking about it. ha. You might think that a 6oz steak is small, but by the time you are done with your meal you feel ultimately satisfied, and you are glad that you didn't order a bigger steak. This is another thing I am going to miss when we move back to California. They don't offer the special there. They do offer it in Texas though (we could possible move there in 9 months, so it could be relevant in the future). Adam went here on his mission a lot. I need to tell my brother!

Our second favorite is Red Robbin



They have the best fries. Their seasoning is key. I can't say they have the best burgers b/c I like Islands a lot better. Their food is amazing though. We love to go Red Robbin. I can't say they have the best wraps either b/c Winger's sticky finger wrap is my favorite. I like their clucks and fries and their seafood pasta.

This weekend we went to both. We went to Red Robbin, on Friday, after we went and saw the movie Fame. We both enjoyed watching this movie because it shows off everyone's talent in a fun way. Although, I must say,  I have become less of a fan of Kherington's dancing. She was kinda sloppy in the movie, and I just wasn't impressed with her. Its a good movie if you are into dancing, singing, acting, etc. Saturday we went to Outback after going to the BYU game. We were in a good mood because they won. However, we did get frustrated during the game because of all the penalties and two interceptions. In my opinion, Max Hall is a little overrated. Its almost a guarantee that he will throw an interception per game. "Stop with the risky passes already!" They won though and that's all that matters.

Updates:
So I got a new calling on Sunday. I am a publicity committee member for relief society. I have yet to figure out what that entails. ha. I think I am just suppose to make sure everyone knows about activities and to make the girls feel included (arrange to carpool over and such) idk. Anyways, its a cake job, so I am happy about it.

My grandma is in a lot of pain.  The rehab center she is in is a pretty nice place, not the best, but it could be a A LOT worse. It supposedly has gotten a 5 star rating the last 5 years.  However, I got a weird feeling as we were leaving the rehab center the first day, because there was a man laying in a hospital bed in the middle of the parking lot, with no one around. Not only was he in the middle of the parking lot, but he was towards the very back next to the dumpsters.  We waited in our car, for a while, to see if anyone would come out for this person. Nope! Needless to say, it kinda creeped me out. Was he in like time out or something? ha. They better not do that to my grandma! We are about to go visit her. We are just waiting on the cookies in the oven. Cookies are our thing. If you want some good recipes, let me know. Adam's cookies are divine. The one's I have posted are just recipes I have tried out for fun, and do not compare to Adam's. He is known as the cookie master in his family, and I definitely know why. Yes, my husband is awesome, he makes me the best cookies all the time.




No comments:

Pick out some good music to listen to while you browse our blog (over 100 different song choices)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers