Monday, May 17, 2010

Cafe Rio and other weekend adventures

 Friday we slept in and ate some good breakfast, then we started getting excited to see Robbin Hood. We went to the movie theater to pick up tickets around lunch time (There was no need people are still all hyped up about Iron Man 2). We ended up eating lunch at Yard House, since we were right there. It's a new favorite (both times have been delicious)!! They give you a huge side of fries. I am in love with them. They are sublime, thin strings that are delicately crisp and tender and perfect. YUM YUM YUM. I have always been a potato lover.  I will get random cravings for anything in relation to them. Adam asked me what I wanted for lunch and I said I just want fries. Of course I ate more than that. I got their ceasar salad and chicken club sandwich. Adam stuck with the roastbeef dip.
 After, we went over to Harveston and walked Riley. He was one happy dog. The weather was perfect. It was a nice day for sure. We played some wii afer our walk. Adam dominated in boxing. It was fun to watch him get all into it.



Adam and I got to the theater and hour early to see Robbin Hood. We were both a little disappointed with it because there were too many cheesy parts. They made it authentic and everything, but it was lacking. Because we both really like Russel Crowe, and think he is a great actor, we went in with high hopes which was our first mistake. It was good, nevertheless. You could wait and rent it if you haven't seen it yet.
 We ate some El Pollo Loco that night. It had been years since we both had eaten there. I've always enjoyed it. I forgot that you can get two churros for a buck! Score. We threw in a flan as well, since it was also cheap.

We finished the night Watching Neon Trees perform on Jay Leno. I am so proud of them. They are doing so well and deservie it. They have come a long way, over the years.

***********************************************************************************
Decided to hit up Cafe Rio this Saturday with Cameron and Celine.




The nice thing about going to Cafe Rio in Lake Forest is the line isn't too long. At least it wasn't when we went on Saturday with Cameron and Celine. Maybe the hype of it has gone down, since it opened quite a while ago. There was always a huge wait when we would go to the one's in Provo and Orem, because of all the college kids.





Celine probably doesn't know I took her picture right before it was her turn to order. ha. I hope you don't mind :) I tend to be sneaky with a camera.





Look at that goodness!!! We always get the pork salad. It is probably the best thing on the menu. They do have a sign that says, "I sold my soul for a pork salad." ha. We usually both get one, but we had eaten lunch already. We still had room to polish this off together. This is also the most recent picture of Adam and I. It's been a while since we have taken a picture together, so I thought I would blow it up. Now that I think of it, we probably haven't taken a picture together since his birthday (March 11).


 Cameron and Celine. Too bad the sun had to get in the picture. It is still cute.

We went to the Rainbow outlet and the Rip Curl outlet for fun. The Rainbow outlet was picked over for the single arch which I finally decided I wanted. There were too many major defects in the most popular color, which my husband liked the best on me.  Celine was able to find one decent pair, to replace her old ones. I will be coming back during the week sometime, or Adam said he would just pick me up some next time he is in the office, since its right across the street from where he works. I guess the shipment comes in around Tuesday, so by Saturday there isn't much left to chose from.  My problem is I like too many colors. ha. I decided I will just end up getting the one's Adam liked best. I don't need more than one pair. lol.  The Rip Curl outlet didn't have much of a selection at all. It's changed a lot since Adam was in high school, apparently. If you have small feet, they sell Rainbow shoes for 24 bucks. A great price. No defects I could see.


After we finished shopping, Celine and Cameron cooked us a yummy dinner (isn't that nice!) and then we went and saw Iron Man 2. We all really enjoyed it for the most part. Definitely enjoyed it more than Robbin Hood. Adam was expecting Gladiator 2, which didn't happen at all by any means. lol

Then on the way home Adam spoiled me with some Cold Stone ice cream. We both hadn't had it in a SUPER long time. Years. I think the last time I had some was right after high school. It's just so expensive! I got the mud pie mojo. Adam got the peanut butter cup perfection. They were both delicious. My mouth is watering just looking at that picture below of the mud pie mojo.

2 comments:

Tiffanie White said...

Wow Holly, you guys always seem to be fitting SO MUCH in your days and weekends. That's AWESOME! Cold stone is a favorite but yes, I agree too expensive and just a once in a while treat :)

Celine said...

Saturday was so much fun! (and no, I don't mind the sneaky picture :)) Too bad we couldn't go to the beach but hopefully we can do that next time.

Pick out some good music to listen to while you browse our blog (over 100 different song choices)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers