Sunday, July 11, 2010

A sick way to spend the weekend/ I am going to miss them!

Sick as in feeling under the weather! Adam finally managed to get me sick too.

I lived off this stuff all weekend. When I bought this, the lady at the checkout counter asked me how old I was. I get asked this question A LOT, so I wasn't thinking anything of it. I said, "I am 23." She looked at my like I was lying and then said, "well you have to be 18 to by this stuff!" I finally understood at this point. I wanted to say, " look lady I know it has Dextromethorphan in this knock off nyquil, but I am not taking this for fun." I am not trying to get high here! However, I just replied, "well I am 23." In a voice like cool I can legally by this stuff. I mean, DANG, how old do I look? I at least look 18, right? ha.

 Didn't feel like cooking this weekend, so we ate at some of our favorite places. Saturday morning I did bake some amazing muffins, however.

Our Selections:

Bangkok Bay's Pad See You, Pineapple curry, and my all time favorite dessert: Mango and Sticky rice
We had already demolished most of the pad see you by this time, but I wanted to get a picture b/c who knows what Thai is going to be like in Texas, and we LOVE LOVE this place. We eat here all the time, and I wanted to be able to remember it!

Leonardi's bbq chicken pizza (we enjoyed during the URU vs. GER game)
Island's Hawaiian burger, fries, and endless tortilla soup


When your sick you have to watch a movie. It's just a must. We finally got around to seeing 500 days of summer. This movie was no fairytale. It showed a real relationship. It was nice watching something that was not far from reality.  During my dating years, I was in Summer's shoes a lot (minus the sex obviously). It sucks for the other person, when you don't feel the same way. Adam and I both enjoyed it. It was quirky, but cute.

We watched the World Cup! Yay! We have been watching the whole series. We were happy that Spain won. The Netherlands sure are aggressive!!! They like to play dirty too! Spain makes soccer look pretty, just like Brazil. It was fun to watch. They sure are skilled. However, it seemed like there were a lot of opportunities for both teams to score. I was surprised it ended 1-0. The ref sure made his job harder for himself. He should have been more serious giving out those yellow cards in the beginning. He probably should have given a red card to that Netherlands guy who kicked the player from Spain in the chest.

Left to right: Audrey Keller, Abbey Jones, Chorolette Keller, Charity Edwards, Taylor Moss

So today was our last day to teach the Sunbeams! We sure are going to miss these cute faces. I am bummed that none of the boys showed up today. Jaden was my favorite. He has this long mo-hawk. All the girls are in love with him. They kept asking where he was. Taylor kept a seat saved for him in sharing time. ha.


 Today we got our temple recommends renewed together for the first time. I can't believe its been 2 years since I first went through the temple. Time flies! Our anniversary is just around the corner!

We are spending this next week out in Orange County, and then flying out to Texas this weekend!!! I am SO excited to look at places :)

1 comment:

Susan Simpson said...

Those are cute pictures of your Sunbeam class!! They will miss you guys for sure. I hope you are having fun in Orange County by the pool. We will see you on Thurs to head to Huntington Beach!! It is finally summer here in California!!! Can't wait to see what place you guys find in the Dallas, TX area!!!

Pick out some good music to listen to while you browse our blog (over 100 different song choices)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers