Thursday, November 18, 2010

Going on Vacation next month!

Adam was given Dec 17th-23rd off, so we will be spending it here:

I can't wait! :)

Today I purchased tickets for the empire state building, and statue of liberty. We booked our flights and hotel stay days ago. We are thinking about seeing The Lion King. We have already seen Phantom of the Opera, and I have seen Wicked. I would see both again though. I heard the Radio City Music Hall Xmas show is legendary. I'll have to look into it.

Being a "foodie" and all, I more excited about all the good eats. Here is a list of places I want to go, based on a New Yorker's recommendations:

1) Grimaldi's- Great Pizza, arguably the best / John's Pizzeria good pizza place too
2) Stand4 - best burgers / Corner Bistro rated second / Shake Shack third / Burger Joint fourth / Pop Burger / JG Melon
3) Katz - best sandwich of your life
3) Doughnut Plant - for their creme brulee donuts
4) Sweetpie - You can dine inside a bird cage!
5) Norma's - for the Waa-za Waffle
6) Crif Dogs - Hot dogs wrapped in bacon and what not
7) West Village Magnolia- cupcakes/ Crumbs/  Billy's
8) BRGR - for best Milkshake
9) Sarabeth's - Great place for brunch ( french toast and omelets)
10) Juniors - Best cheesecake
11) Serendipity's- Frozen Hot Chocolate

4 comments:

Joe and Maegen Cruz Family said...

thats so excting holly. youll get to see the christmas tree in new york too.perfect time of year. where are you guys spedning christmas this year? take care love your posts

Chris and Courtney said...

So fun I'm jealous, I have never been to New York and I want to go so bad! I know who to go to for all the best food...

xohappyhealthyfoodie said...

Meagan, we are just spending Christmas here in Texas. We figured since we just saw my parents in August, and Adam's parents the last two months, we can just stay in Keller. We are going to get together with Adam's sister who also lives in Keller.

Courtney, I have always wanted to go too! I'll be sure to post pictures and reviews of all the places we go. Obviously, we wont be able to go to all of the places I listed. lol.

Susan Simpson said...

Have fun in New York. You are going to love it there. Make sure you go ice skating! This will be your first vacation alone since your honeymoon! You guys have worked so hard getting through college. Adam sure knows how to spoil you! I just love him! Yea I am so happy for you two! Can't wait to see all the photos! These are the best of times!

Pick out some good music to listen to while you browse our blog (over 100 different song choices)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers