Friday, November 26, 2010

Our Turkey Day

Consisted of eating LOTS of food, relaxing on the couch, and watching t.v. We enjoyed the Macy's parade, some football, and spent the rest of the evening watching the first season of Heroes. We decided to start a new series, b/c we need a break from 24.

We thought we were going to get together with the Saunders for Thanksgiving, but we found out they were going to St. Louis to be with Aaron's family. I told Adam that I had to have all of the tradition Thanksgiving food, but I didn't want to cook everything for just two people. I knew Albertsons had Thanksgiving meals you could buy, but they served 6-8 people. Luckily, Adam looked online at Sprouts. They serve Thanksgiving meals for two, so we bought that package from them.  I made Lion House Yam Souffle (very very scrumptious), and pumpkin pie to go along with it. I have made pumpkin pie the last three years Adam and I have been together. It's my brothers favorite. Its just a tradition I am carrying out. My mom always made yams, so I had to make those this year. This was the first Thanksgiving we spent on our own!




Charlie sometimes watches the t.v. with us! haha I always wonder what he is thinking when he is staring at the television. Adam has started a bad habit of letting Charlie up on the couch with us, while we are watching t.v. He is hard to resist with that cute little face.


We let Charlie have a little piece of Turkey. That is what the video below is about.
Yes, I talk to my dog like he is a baby.
I trained him the "leave it" command sometime last month. He is a pretty smart dog.

Charlie is getting SO big! I can't believe it. He is no longer puppy size like in the pictures below


He got too big for his black collar, so we got him that red one the night before Thanksgiving.
We also got him a toothbrush and some toothpaste.

..as well as some dental Jerky. He was starting to have bad breath, so we had to do something.

He is the most loving dog EVER. He could never be an attack dog. ha. I love that he always wants to be with us. We have never had to worry about him running away. If he goes outside when we open the door, he doesn't get very far. Once he realizes we aren't coming, he runs right back inside. If we shut the door, he will paw at it. He can't stand to be alone.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Sprouts? Never heard of that. But thats pretty freakin' awesome that you can order out a dinner for two. I hate cooking meals for just two people!

Susan Simpson said...

Your yams and pie look amazing! I am glad you had a fun Thanksgiving! Loved the video of Charlie!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

okay your pooch is adorable? what kind of dog is he?

Pick out some good music to listen to while you browse our blog (over 100 different song choices)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers