Tuesday, December 14, 2010

After being really sick..these things made my day

This was in the mailbox today. My parents are awesome!! I have already eaten a lot of those Cadbury balls tonight.  SO glad to have my appetite back :) We ran out of our last bag during Thanksgiving, so we were in need of some more!



Today at work, my boss gave me a Christmas present! She is so sweet. I enjoy work mainly because of her. She gave me a book called "What I Know Now: Letters to My Younger Self," and that nice scarf that will come in handy in N.Y.

Weekend Recap:
Friday was the Ward Christmas Party. Had fun mingling and eating a Texas style bbq.

Saturday addressed all 50 of our Christmas cards, ran errands, and had the missionaries over for dinner.
We ordered Ribbs from Cooper's, and I made baked potatoes and glazed carrots to go with it. For dessert I made brownies and hot fudge sauce for brownie sundays. FYI Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream is SO increadibly delicious! I asked the missionaries what they wanted this time around. I must say they did a good job picking out dinner. I have never cooked ribbs before, so I didn't want to experiment on the missionaries. This is why we just ordered them from Coopers. We ordered way too many, so Adam took some over to his sisters house while I was sick. Even with company staying over at his sisters, Adam brought Ribbs home.

Saturday evening is when the sickness took its toll. I couldn't keep any solids down. I couldn't sleep. My tummy was in so much pain. I was sore all over. I felt flushed. I got the chills. The worst part was throwing up. I was glad when that stopped. I started feeling better yesterday, but missed work just to be sure. I didn't want to get anyone sick. I am happy to say I am 100% better today! So glad I got this over with BEFORE N.Y.

Here are the homemade cards I made this year:
Some of you will be receiving one of these along with the shutterfly picture card.

We have already started to receive Christmas cards. I love this time of year!
We don't have many decorations out this year b/c we are going to N.Y., but I had to put this out, along with the candle. I have way too many candles, but I can't help myself! I love them :) They make the house smell so nice!

2 comments:

Susan Simpson said...

Yea....you got the package! Merry Christmas Holly Dolly! I love the Christmas Cards you made. Did I ever tell you how talented you are! lol You are simply the best at everything you do! Glad you are feeling better too!
MOM

xohappyhealthyfoodie said...

Thanks mom! :) Love you

Pick out some good music to listen to while you browse our blog (over 100 different song choices)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers