Sunday, January 23, 2011

Today

Our Sunday School class enjoyed these.....

I made the mistake of just making one batch this morning, because we did not have any leftovers. My hubby decided to make another batch when we got home from church so we could enjoy them :) I learned how to make these better by using brownie mix with fudge sauce.
I love these Reeses Brownie Cupcakes. This is the third time I have made them. If I thought about them more often, I would make them a lot. I guess its good that I forget. I already eat too much junk as it is.

Today has just been full of sugar. We had doughnuts for breakfast, and are about to go over to the Starr's for some Lemon bars (my favorite) and more cupcakes. I think I better bring some of these over there.


How we do Sunday School:

We bring treats every other week for our Sunday School class. We want to be the "cool" teachers if you know what I am saying. This is what I brought two weeks ago. I wonder what I will be making next. It depends on what the teenagers decide. We play a game every other week, so that the winning team (or winner) can pick the treat for the following week.


Today we played Deal or No Deal, and a couple weeks ago we played a dangerous game. I filled up balloons and taped them to a large thick sturdy box, and had questions under them. A person from each team had to pop one of the balloon and answer the question to have a chance to get points. If they popped a balloon after three tries, and anwered the question correctly, they were able to throw the dart at the dart board to claim their points. This is definitely a fun calling. Adam is pretty much the teacher. I make up the games and bake the treats. We look over the lesson together, and I try to find interesting facts to add to the lesson.

4 comments:

Susan Simpson said...

Yummy, I wish you were here and was my teacher! The kids in your class must love coming to church!
MOM

Taylor Family said...

Good idea. Chris just got called to teach Sunday School to the 11-12 year olds. We want to bring treats too, but we were just going to bring treats as a bribery to get them to be good. Please share the recipe for those brownie cupcakes... unless you have already???

THE WALKERS said...

O.K you should have your own cooking show, and i would watch it everyday! HAHA. Those reeses brownie cakes look so good!! :)

xohappyhealthyfoodie said...

:) I will post the recipe. I believe I have posted it before, but it will be easier this way.

And games and treats are a good way to go Heather. They learn a little bit at least from the game. It sometimes gets competitive, so at least we know they are paying attention.

Britt you are so cute! I would actually love to be a food critic. I can't think of anything better. You get to try good food all the time, and then rave about it. I do like to cook though.

Pick out some good music to listen to while you browse our blog (over 100 different song choices)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers