Sunday, July 5, 2009

Could life get any better?

I submit that it CANNOT!!! -Brian Regan
This is as festive as we get on the holidays. We both wore red for the fourth of July :oP This was taken at the end of the day, after we came home from the fair. We went mostly for the fireworks. My mom had a big party before we went. 33 people showed up including the missionaries. Ever since my brother went on his mission, my mom has invited the missionaries over twice as much for dinner. They have come over three times since I have been here.
I was given this pretty flower yesterday as we walked through the different showrooms.
Its tradition, we get this every time we go to the Del Mar Fair. We got yummy Rocky Road and Peanut Butter this time.
Adam's sister and family stopped by during the shin dig. Her kids are soo cute. Jared, the youngest of the bunch, loves Adam. Its because Adam is Really good with kids. Everywhere we go kids are just drawn to him. All the kids in the nursery liked him better than me and Pam. He will be such a good daddy :]
I made two loafs of my banana bread so I could bring some over to the Towners. I did it differently this time. I doubled the yummy nut mixture so I could pour half of it on top. It caramelized and was very yummy. I got many compliments and was asked for the recipe so here it is:

2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 stick plus 2 tbsp. butter
1/2 c. walnuts, chopped
1/4 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
3 tsp. vanilla
1 c. white sugar
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 c. overripe bananas, mashed
1/2 c. sour cream

Sift flour, baking powder, soda, and slat together and set aside. Mix 2 tablespoons butter, brown sugar, walnuts, and one teaspoon vanilla and set aside. Cream remaining stick of butter and white sugar until light and fluffy. Mix eggs, sour cream, bananas, and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Blend into butter-sugar mixture. Blend in flour until just mixed. Pack into bottom of well greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Pour batter on top. Bake at 350 for 50 to 60 minutes or until done. Cool 10 minutes before turning out of pan. Cool completely before cutting. Serves 10.
Look how good that peach cheesecake looks. I am so glad Judi and I are friends. She found out that Adam was coming on Thursday so she brought over two cheesecakes for us because she is so sweet. She made the cheesecakes at our wedding. We had 10 different flavors. They were such a big hit. Her cheesecakes could put cheesecake factory out of business...I am not kidding!! She has 33 different flavors and is going to open up a shop once she retires.
I was SOOO excited to try this new flavor as a bedtime snack...just look at that face.
This is my FAVORITE cheesecake that Judi makes (white chocolate raspberry). This picture really shows off my new hair color. I CUT my hair finally!! I only took a couple inches off. I had Leslie dye it darker. I really like it.
Look how pretty Judi makes her cheesecakes. This is before you dump the scrumptious raspberry topping on top.
Reunion with Brittanie, me, and Cynthia + cute little Rubi.
She is so adorable!
She is such a good baby. She slept most of the time on my mom's lap.

Some older pictures...
My husband took me out to Olive Garden after i took my last final for spring semester. Look at those TIRED eyes. I was so exhausted after finals because i didn't sleep for four days straight. Oh, and notice the jacket. It rained so much before I came down to CA. Then I got here and was hit with the horrible heat. It's been super hot down here.
and then he took me to hello yogurt b/c i like frozen yogurt so much. I am so glad my husband is finally HERE with me. I have missed him so much.




2 comments:

Kristin said...

isnt rubi the cutest? your hair is getting so long. oh and i found an old picture from hayley's 3rd birthday party with you and brittanie in it. funny!

xohappyhealthyfoodie said...

Really!? I want to see this picture!

Pick out some good music to listen to while you browse our blog (over 100 different song choices)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers