Sunday, October 31, 2010

Our Halloween Fun

I LOVE fall. It is my absolute favorite season. I just love being able to cuddle up to my husband while drinking a yummy cup of hot cocoa. We have already gone through a lot of hot chocolate this month. Good thing Walmart is next door to us. We never have to be without. Oh how I enjoy cool weather so I can bundle up in hoodies and jackets, and all comfy layers of clothes. Its finally getting to that point here in Texas. Finally! I also love fall because it is football season.

Fall is also the season for baking lots of goodies with the Holidays: Halloween and Thanksgiving. I have baked pumpkin sugar cookies, and pumpkin cheesecake bars (with fresh whipped cream) so far. I failed to take pictures, but boy were they delicious!

 I use fall as and excuse to eat lots of candy and other goodies. We have gone through so much ice cream. Man, this blue bell ice cream is just too good. I love their new carmel turtle cheesecake flavor. The new flavor combines a luscious cheesecake ice cream with chocolate-coated caramel turtles, roasted pecans, and cheesecake pieces with a chocolate cookie crust all surrounded by a smooth caramel sauce. Don't forget Oreo's. Lets see what else have I had lately. Oh, my visiting teachers brought me over some pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting. Thanks again! :) You girls are awesome.

This was our counter for a while. I finally had to hide the candy in a place I rarely look, so I wouldn't be so tempted. Work doesn't help either with all the brownies, cupcakes, and red velvet cake. Oh, and donuts my boss brings in on occasion. Its a good thing I work out. I should be FAT by now.

We started off our Halloween fun by going to the Zumba monster mash class. Did you notice I said WE!?!? Yes, my husband came with me! :) He is such a good sport. It was fun having him dance by my side. I dressed up in my costume from last year. It was really fun. I really enjoyed learning the thriller dance. They had a costume contest at the end. I didn't stay for this photo. In fact, most people left before this was taken. I just took this from April's facebook page. She is an awesome instructor!


We decided to go to Six Flags freight fest Saturday, since Halloween fell on Sunday this year.
 We liked the roller coasters more than anything. We decided to get season passes and got there right when the park opened. It's nice because Six Flags is only 20 mins away. It is right next to the Rangers stadium, and Cowboys stadium. I can't believe they are all right next to each other.

We hit all the big rides then came home and took a break. It was nice because we didn't have to wait in line on any of them, except for Titan. We came back for freight fest, and it was SUPER crowded. I don't like when you have to squeeze through people. We went to a couple Halloween shows. I really enjoyed watching the michael jackson tribute. They had all the zombie/monsters get together and do all the dances. I forgot how many good songs Michael Jackson had.

We paid extra to go through the "scariest" maze. You had to be at least 14 years old to go through it. It was pretty good, but because there was so many people it kinda ruined the experience. It was just lines of people going through the maze, instead of having people go in small groups at a time. We weren't able to experience everything the maze had to offer because of this, but it was still good. I jumped a few times. I would have been freaked out if I had to walk through it alone. We had a good time together, and look forward to Six Flags dates in the future.

We obviously didn't need costumes this year, but we couldn't resist buying one for Charlie. It was a little too big for him, but he enjoyed trying to chew it up. LOL.

Our little lion. RAWR!
It was too hard to get a good picture of him in it. He was trying to attack his costume the whole time.

Our Halloween fun has also included SCARY MOVIES. This is a must for us!! This year we watched The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, The Strangers, Dawn of the Dead, The Crazies, and Brams Stokers Dracula.



I hope you all had a fabulous Halloween this year! We did :)

3 comments:

Susan Simpson said...

Loved Charlie's costume! I am glad you are enjoying the fall weather!
Love you guys!
Mom

Unknown said...

What a great halloween you were had.. I just watching my collection of scary movies at home.. I love texas chainsaw too.. And I was watched that movies too when halloween..

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Looks like you had so much fun! :) LOVE YOUR BLOG!

Pick out some good music to listen to while you browse our blog (over 100 different song choices)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers