Sunday, October 3, 2010

Octoberfest

Saturday, I made some fresh blueberry pancakes before general conference started. They were so yummy! I am trying to eat better, so instead of using syrup I used agave nector. I thought it was quite good, because it was sweet yet didn't make me feel sick like sugary pancakes do. I will be using it again.

General conference doesn't start til 11am our time. We had a lot of time to kill before conference started, which is a first for me. I am usually rolling out of bed right before it starts. Even if it would have started at 9am, I would have had a lot of time to kill, because I am finally waking up early for once in my life. I am usually up around 6 or 6:30am. If I sleep in, I wake up around 7:45am. Thanks to work, and Charlie, I am starting to get to bed at a decent hour. I am no longer a night owl. I now pass out by 11:30pm, b/c I am so worn out. ha.

Conference was wonderful, as always! I enjoy getting inspired direction every 6 months. Its so uplifting, and really puts life into perspective. I am so grateful to have the gospel in my life. I am truly blessed.

After conference, Adam and I headed over to Southlake to check out what they had put together for Octoberfest. We had a good time walking through all the booths, and eating some German food. We kept saying, "we should have brought Charlie."



Adam made me try a bratwurst with sauerkraut, for the German experience. It wasn't bad. They had a lot going on at Octoberfest, and there were a lot of people enjoying all that was offered. It was fun. I am glad we went. Adam and I went costume shopping for a while. I am so excited for fall. Its my favorite season :) We went and saw Wallstreet: Money Never Sleeps right after. We were suppose to see it Friday, but we took too long at Red Robbin. The next showing time was after 10pm, and there was no way we were going to stay up that long. I was fine with just the visit to Red Robbin. I tried their new Mt. Olympus burger and enjoyed it very much. I gobbled it right up, it was so tasty. I ate way too many fries. I can never stop eating those. The seasoning is way too good. Overall, it was a great weekend. Enjoyed Conference today, and took Charlie to a park. Adam and I played some one on one football while Charlie explored. I cooked my favorite Italian dish, and we watched Queen Victoria. We had a nice relaxing weekend, and now it is time for bed.

1 comment:

Susan Simpson said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! Love all the pictures. You are a great chef Holly Dolly!

Pick out some good music to listen to while you browse our blog (over 100 different song choices)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers