Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The newest addition to our family! :)

CHARLIE TOWNER :)
Last Tuesday I picked up this cute puppy from an animal shelter out in Glen Rose. I saw him online, and just HAD to have him. The people at the shelter had named him peanut, but that name wasn't going to fly with us. I mean, he does kinda look like one with his size and color, but who wants to yell that name in public. It took us a while to come up with a good name. Adam wanted to name him Jack Bauer. ha. I told him no, because he is only going to double in size. Jack Bauer just doesn't fit for a small dog. We went through dozens of names and finally Adam decided on Charlie. I think it is perfect for our little pup!
 
 
He loves his kennel for napping and relaxing, but refuses to sleep in it during our bedtime. Instead, he curls right up next to our bed on my side. He just hates being too far from us. Isn't he just so cute? It's almost like he is posing for the camera in this picture.

 He is very playful, and loves taking walks. He sure gets a lot of walks! I walk him every morning before work, as soon as I get home from work, before I go to the gym, after the gym, and then he gets one right before bedtime. This isn't including times Adam takes him while he is home.

As of now, Charlie is a total chicken. I can tell he wants to play with other dogs, while we are out on walks, but once he gets close he gets all scared once they start barking. One time he ran behind me. He was even afraid of this big toad we found on our walk the other night. Come on Charlie, you are 10x bigger than Mr. Toad. He did attack a turtle last night, so maybe he is coming out of his shell. 

Every time either one of us takes a shower, Charlie runs in his kennel and rests till we are done. He really is a good dog (As good as a puppy can be). He can be a stinker at times. He is a pretty good listener. He understands that he needs to stop what he is doing when we say, "NO!" He pretty much only goes potty outside like a big boy. ha.He has had a couple slip ups. We had him going on newspaper in the bathroom (where is confined while I am gone) before he learned to hold it. I work from 8:30-4:30, so that's a long time for a pup to hold it. 


He loves playing with all his toys. He especially likes playing with his little football. He is our little football star. lol He fits in real well with us. He is definitely a keeper. It's been my life long dream to have a dog, and it finally is a reality!!! I am SO happy :) He keeps me good company while Adam is away.

6 comments:

Susan Simpson said...

Hey Holly love the pictures of Charlie! He is going to love you for taking him on all those walks!

Lacey said...

Love him! He is precious! I'm glad you named him Charlie because I don't like the name peanut either. I actually visualized yelling "PEANUT!" in public and it made me laugh! haha!

SeQuoia Towner said...

He is adorable! Kiley likes him. I told her this was a picture of Charlie, Aunt Holly and Uncle Adam's puppy and she keeps saying "I like Charlie!" Lol. He looks like a lot of fun. What mix is he? He looks like maybe lab and beagle, but then again I have never been very good at guessing those things. LOL. I am excited for you.

xohappyhealthyfoodie said...

Aww Kiley likes Charlie! :) That's so cute that she keeps saying that. He is a beagle mix. The shelter didn't know what the other mix was. They were thinking hound, but no one is sure.

Taylor Family said...

I LOVE puppies! They are sooo much work, but so worth it!

Brooke and Zane said...

Yay puppy!

Pick out some good music to listen to while you browse our blog (over 100 different song choices)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers