Thursday, June 17, 2010

Blackety Black

Last weekend was great. Adam and I hadn't seen each other for 2 weeks, so it was even more meaningful when he got off that airplane. I picked him up and took him out to the Melting Pot to celebrate our good news! We both love that place. Dessert is our favorite, but it's all good. We got the shrimp and steak entree with California salads. For dessert we got the chocolate turtle fondue. It was very good. I can't decide if I like that one or the original best.

Saturday we got an oil change for my car, enjoyed my mom's cinnamon rolls, watched some soccer, I baked my banana berry muffins, and then I got my husband to EXERCISE WITH ME (lots of pictures to document this b/c its been a while for my husband)!!! I was so excited to take him to the gym with me. We rewarded ourselves with some good burritos from Rubios after.  I had half of a steak, half of a chicken, and a whole mahi mahi burrito. The mahi mahi was my favorite. We watched some good movies and sat in the hot tub. It was very nice relaxing way to end the day.


Oh, so my hair is now BLACK! I was getting tired of the red in my hair, so I went to my lovely hair dresser Leslie to help solve my problem. She put some color corrector on it, and dyed it a dark brown which I really liked. However, she missed some of the red underneath. I went back a week later and had her dye it again, and it turned out Black. I knew it would be darker, I just didn't realize how much. I never thought I would have Black hair lol. I honestly don't mind it. It's not my favorite though. It's a good thing I am not pasty white.

It feels so much healthier now, because she put a nice protein base in it and chopped off a few inches. It's very shiny. I think its pretty but would look fabulous on someone else with dark skin. I am adjusting. It just such a big change. I will probably lighten it in 8 weeks. It's my fault. I used box dye on my hair for over a year, and correcting the color can be tricky. It was either this, or blonde highlights... but I don't want the maintenance.

.....So I went to the Del Mar Fair with the fam. Our camera's battery was dying so we only got some pictures of us in the car. I know, lame. I was wearing white, so you can really see the contrast of my hair.


I love these healthy-ish muffins! They are the best with a blend of blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries (mostly blueberries though!) I made them with mostly blackberries last time and didn't enjoy it as much. The blackberries are not as sweet.

No comments:

Pick out some good music to listen to while you browse our blog (over 100 different song choices)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers