Friday, November 13, 2009

Honour society and donuts

I love that my relatives from Maine are visiting. They do not have Krispy Kreme out there, so we decided to do a donut run a couple nights ago. We have been lucky the last two times we have gone there, their free donut sign has been on. SCORE! Yes, more please :)


Adam took this picture of me stuffing my face. I LOVE my krispy kreme donuts. I had to make sure I got all the one's I liked. Don't let this little body fool you. I eat like a tank! I have eaten 7 assorted donuts in one sitting before. Yes, I have a problem. ha. I need to get back to the gym. I was doing so well before Halloween and all our company arrived. Excuses, excuses I know. It doesn't help that I am in the middle of writing a 15 page research paper right now. Speaking of school, I only have like five more weeks. I am super stoaked. I got a letter in the mail a few days ago, from BYU,  letting me know that I am SMART! Yes! ha. Who would have thought?!? This is what it said:

Dear member Elect,

Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that, by placing in the top 15% of your class at Brigham Young University, you are invited to join Golden Key International Honour Society.

Golden Key International Honour Society is the world's premier collegiate honor society, with nearly 2 million members and over 375 chapters across the United States and around the world. A one-time, $70 membership fee entitles Golden  Key member access to a vast array of benefits including over $500,000 in member-only undergraduate and graduate scholarships, discounted study-abroad programs, exclusive internships and job opportunities, as well as leadership and networking opportunities worldwide.

Membership is by special invitation to students in all fields and areas of study. BYU has recognized you as one of the top-performing students in your class. Congratulations on your academic achievement and earning this distinct honor. We look forward to welcoming you as BYU's newest member of Golden Key International Honour Society. Use your personal online acceptance code below to accept the exclusive invitation in one of the following ways........etc.

They are holding a member recognition event for this years's new Golden Key members on December 1, 2009 at 5:30pm in the Wilkinson Center, Room 3220 (This means my parents might be able to go to it, if I join )

I haven't decided yet if I am going to graduate school, so I am still deciding if this would be worth doing. $70 is a lot for a starving student! I am leaning more towards yes, just because it would look good on my resume.

3 comments:

Lilleys & Lace Photography said...

so, I think I know your in-laws... are they Sheila and Steve? Not a 100 percent sure it's them, but they are the only Towners I know in our ward, and I love them. She sat by me our first Sunday and ever since has made sure to make sure Frank and I feel welcome.
Hope you guys are doing well!

Lilleys & Lace Photography said...

How funny, I will have to mention that to her next week. They are great people, we'll look forward to seeing you guys when you come back!

rachel Saunders said...

Yeahhhh! it's awesome to hear nice things about your momma:)

Pick out some good music to listen to while you browse our blog (over 100 different song choices)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers