Tuesday, February 22, 2011

French toast with blueberries,caramelized bananas, and whipped cream & Bacon and Parmesan Pasta

So have I ever mentioned how much I love french toast? Well, I think that is an understatement. When I was a kid, my mom would make a yummy breakfast most Saturday mornings. We had a choice between french toast, waffles, puff pancakes, regular pancakes, or cream of wheat with brown sugar. I always wanted french toast. I didn't even have to think twice. It was my favorite breakfast food until I met the d' Huarts. I still can't remember if you capitilize the D or the H in their last name. Anyways, their traditional Saturday breakfast food was crepes. As soon as they introduced me to those scrumptious things, I became indecisive about what I wanted for breakfast.  As Brian Regan would say, "Both Favorites." And to this day they are both still my favorite breakfast foods. Sometimes I crave one over the other, but usually they both sound good.

Sunday Morning I took french toast to a new level for me. I made carmalized bananas to go on top. I would have to thank Norma's (one of the restaurants we went to during our N.Y. trip) because their Wazza Waffle inspired me, but I will have to most definitely thank  Mr. Harding  because I got my recipe from her.

Needless to say, we had a very good Sunday brunch. My husband doesn't usually eat anything in the morning, but he ate a lot of this!

I am a pasta addict. No, but seriously! If I could only eat one genre of food the rest of my life, I would choose Italian. I could not live without pasta. I love that you can do so much with it. However, it is a real shame that it makes you fat!!! There is no way I will ever be super skinny. I love food way too much. I barely maintain my weight now, because I love food way more than I should. I will eat when I am still full. I just enjoy it. I do have self control though. Its not like I uncontrollably stuff myself. I just choose to eat way more than I should (most of the time). With that said, here is a new pasta recipe:

Bacon and Parmesean Pasta



1 lb Bacon
1 lb Penne Pasta
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup cream cheese
2 eggs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Fry or bake Bacon - Sprinkle w/ Red Pepper Flakes. When done, Remove bacon until cool enough to handle and roughly chop.

Meanwhile cook pasta in boiling salted water- I always add some olive oil

Place cream cheese in a small saucepan. Heat over low until cream cheese is melted, and whisk until smooth. Add parmesan cheese, eggs, and pepper and whisk until blended.

Drain Pasta and return to pot. Immediately add the white sauce and toss to coat. The hot pasta will cook the eggs. Stir in the bacon, and enjoy!!!




2 comments:

Chris and Courtney said...

Holly your blog always makes me hungry =) you always have the yummiest food!

xohappyhealthyfoodie said...

Thanks Courtney! I heard you made some yummy cake balls/pops for Whitney's shower :) Wish I could have been there to try them out.

Pick out some good music to listen to while you browse our blog (over 100 different song choices)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers