Monday, February 28, 2011

How have I not made these before?

CAKE BALLS

Well, probably because I do not like cake. I have never, EVER been a fan of cake. At birthday parties, I was the kid who asked for extra ice cream, and didn't want any cake to go with it. I LOVE cheesecake, as all of you know. Regular cake is not my thing.

Cake Balls are a differen't story!
 These my friends are delicious, even if you are not a cake fan like myself. The center is SO moist and strangely addictive! I kept poping them in my mouth thinking, "Oh I shoudn't." I couldn't eat that many when I first made them, because I had eaten too many chocolate covered strawberries, and Cadbury mini eggs. SO I was already on a sugar high, but after that sugar buzz killed over, I really was poping them in my mouth.

Its a messy process, but worth the effort. I am definitely no chocolatier! I really didn't have the patience or skill to make these cake balls look gorgeous. I know they don't look very good, but they do taste very good. That is all the matters to me :)




I used a strawberry cake mix, with cream cheese frosting for the center. It was a good choice. You could do Red Velvet, Chocolate, Carrot Cake, Yellow, or whatever with either regular chocolate or white chocolate coating. I brought some to work and they were devoured. My boss suggested a peanut butter/chocolate mixture for the center. YUM!

3 comments:

Susan Simpson said...

Holly you are amazing. Lets plan some yummy food for Blake while you and Brooke are here!
Mom

Veronica said...

I'm not a cake fan either! But those look kinda good. Where did you get the recipe?

THE WALKERS said...

I know they are really good! You did a good job! They look delish!!

Pick out some good music to listen to while you browse our blog (over 100 different song choices)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers