Thursday, August 27, 2009

HAWAIIAN PANCAKES :)

I was missing Hawaii and craving their pancakes last night so I decided to try to figure out a good coconut syrup recipe...and boy did I! Needless to say, we had a fabulous breakfast this morning :)

Banana Pancakes with crushed macadamia nuts, whipped cream, and coconut syrup
Lehi Roller Mills Pancake Mix-Lehi Pride is the best!! I don't like any other pancake mixes you can buy in the store. These are soo good though. I got so many compliments on these this morning. My aunt went to culinary school and she was impressed. That made me happy.
We unfortunately can't get POG down here so we settled on Orange, Peach, Mango-Dole.

This is the mastered coconut syrup recipe I made last night:

1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups light corn syrup
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut

Wisk together the coconut milk and cornstarch in a saucepan until the cornstarch is dissolved. Pour in the corn syrup, sugar, and coconut; bring to boil, stirring continually. As soon as the mixture comes to a rolling boil, remove from heat. Allow to cool completely before serving.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

oh my heck. can i come over for breakfast!!!???

xohappyhealthyfoodie said...

Of course! Anytime you are in Orem feel free to stop by. We are moving to Murrieta in late December.

Pick out some good music to listen to while you browse our blog (over 100 different song choices)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers